Since Bikenik, Uncommon Projects has become increasingly interested in local, urban, pedestrian mapping. We’ve decided to bootstrap the development of two mobile products - Marco and Steps - with the goal of refining the last 100 yards of wayfinding.
Marco is a free iPhone app that puts you and a friend on a map so you can find each other fast. Marco is the easiest way to Locate someone. It uses SMS to connect two smartphones to a shared map.
- Recipient doesn’t need the app!
- As simple as SMS
- Private and “opt-in”
- No accounts or social networking
- Compatible with iPhone, Android and more
Marco wouldn’t have happened without the dedicated work of a talented team of folks.
Marco Product Development Team:
- Josh Rooke-Ley Lead Engineer
- Kathleen Watkins Visual Designer
- Jeff Kirsch UX Designer
- Justin Blinder Engineer
- Tarikh Korula Product Manager